Saturday, February 28, 2015

Formula for Success

Posted by: Dave

Well, I am beginning to find a fairly accurate formula for which of my works sell more than others after all these years.


However, don't be fooled.  I enjoy painting either of these themes and may eventually combine the two into paintings of sexy mountain men with painted faces holding a Victorian shotgun.  But for the time, I am leaning towards simply expanding my series of woman with painted faces.  The model for this piece is Kate's sister Jill, who, as a plastic surgeon doing her residency, has plenty of down-time to model.  I tried to document more of the beginning stages of painting, which I tend to forget to do, hence why Kate's step by step typically kick mine in the proverbial groin.  The painting needs perhaps one more day of work from the last documented image. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment