Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hey, Wha' Happened

 Posted by: Dave

So I thought I would give an update on what's happening in my studio since Kate is attempting to steal all the art glory on the blog.  Here is some stuff all finished up that I have been working on and one piece on the easel. 

 Crap on a table 

Second Day of the Dead completed 

More crap on a table...but with a blue book

on the easel now...surprise, another Vanitas piece.

One thing I finally need to address is the bio section on my website page (www.davidgluckart.com).  In it, I say "David Gluck currently paints with a cybernetic right arm, which scientists confirm as the source of his powers."  More than a few people have taken this as a serious statement, which I find hilarious.  I have even had people look down at my hand when meeting me, expecting me to have an iron grip.  Probably my favorite was when my friend overhead someone telling everyone how I faked having a cybernetic arm to curry sympathy in order to receive grants etc.  Recently, I got the email below, with which I responded with the plot to the 6 Million Dollar Man.

Email:

"Dear Mr Gluck,
I'm a volunteer of Hubei Provincial Museum of China. One of your paintings "The Trapper" is displayed here.

From relevant introduction about the artist, we know you use "cybernetic right arm" to paint. We have no idea

How it works?Would you kindly tell us in a simple way? Hope we do not offend you!

Look forward to your reply,thank you very much!"


 My answer:

Sorry for the delayed reply.  When I was an ace test-pilot my ship crashed, nearly killing me. Deciding that the Canadian health care system had the technology to rebuild me, the government decided to augment my arm with cybernetic parts which gave me superhuman strength and speed. 


I have decided I might need to change my bio pic to this as a result of all the inquiries.



Matthew Innis was nice enough to make the one below for me.




10 comments:

  1. Hey, that's a T-800 hand! I'm wondering if we should be scared now? Very scared. The minute you say, "I'll be back" I'm leaving town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha I roared when I read you had a cyber arm the first time and now I'm going to be chuckling the rest of the day away over this one! And GREAT paintings! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious plot hole: You stated your right arm was cybernetic but in the photo above it's your left that's cybernetic. I don't know what to believe anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you know use of the words "right" and "left" are switched seasonally in Canada?

      Delete
    2. I'm Canadian and there is no right and left here, just right and sorta right.

      Delete
  4. Um... That's not his right arm? Are you sure?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly the photo was taken in a mirror....duh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care who hogs the blog... you are both so good it is a pleasure visiting.

    ReplyDelete