Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Public Service Announcement

Kate and I are blown away by the positive response our blog has generated and are very grateful to all our followers. Your encouraging comments and witty addendums have added another dimension to our enjoyment of this project. However, if you are in the habit of reading the comments section, you will see that there are some readers with very pressing concerns, some of which we will attempt to address here.


All artists and attendees of academies/ateliers are trust fund babies.


Absolutely true. I spent most of my 20’s working manual labor until I found out through an email that I was actually the heir to the throne of Zambia. After receiving this email, I immediately gave them all my banking information. I am still awaiting the deposit of my inheritance into my bank account, at which time I will roll it over into a trust fund so that I can finally be an artist. Anyone who says its possible to work and put yourself through school would cause me to drop my diamond-studded monocle into my brandy snifter in shock.


Classical realists choose to hide secrets.


Absolutely true. Like a select few artists across the globe, Kate and I have been inducted into a secret organization whose sole mandate is to preserve the secrets of Classical Realism. It’s like the Da Vinci Code times ten. The most cherished secrets, which are kept stashed in a pillowcase in our crawlspace, are the complete working methods of Bouguereau, Repin, and Bob Ross. I guess you will never know how black gesso is made.


5 comments:

  1. You guys crack me up...and I love Rothko, Delaunay...and I love Corot, Turner, Rembrandt, etc. Call me a contemporary conservative...wait...realist liberal...wait...how about just lover of all good stuff, including this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, looks like you scared the tards away! I love your work and witty blog!
    Sign me,
    Tard-y (always)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant think of a better way to begin the New Year than a little sarcasm. Great Blog! Great Painting!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the work and the blog. There are too many serious blogs. A lil comedy goes a long way. cheers.
    Josef

    ReplyDelete