Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Big Trouble in Little China

Posted by: Kate
 

The ACOPAL Grand Prize Winners and Finalists have been announced and as usual we found out the results from better informed third-parties over facebook. Dave's "Trapper" piece was given one of the three Grand Prize awards and will be making an appearance in China. He was away visiting family on Thanksgiving, and on the phone the other day before we got the results he was all like, "Psshh, yah, I wasn't going to enter, but then I thought what the heck, and entered in like the last twenty minutes before the competition closed, and my painting's not even dry yet, and after entering I emailed Paul McCormack and asked him to reject my entry, but meh, whatever, it's not like I'll get anything."

Because Dave's painting is just too fresh to ship and needs to cure for several months in a meat locker to reach full potency, it will not be appearing at the Butler Institute in Ohio; it will be included for exhibit in the World Art Museum in China in 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your third place award. It's great when talent is recognized at this level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deborah, but it's actually not third. There were three grand prizes and Dave got one of them. How egalitarian, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of David's Trapper piece. I think we all know that was indeed the winning entry and it makes me real uncomfortable to see the "winners" post line up. After reading the Underpaintings blog I see I took a bit of a beating there with my entry. I've read your blog and studied all your posts...thank you for taking the time to relay all the information and being funny too. Congratulations.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete