Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Show Opens in Palm Desert

Posted by: Kate

Today my show in Palm Desert opens! My gallery, Howard Schepp Fine Art, is hosting a group show featuring work by Sabin Howard, Jeff Faust, Josh Simpson, Fred Wessel, Toland Sand (great name for a glass artist), Paul Anders-Stout, and myself. There was delay with FedEx and my paintings only just made it to the gallery on Wednesday. I was so stressed out I was checking the tracking update every hour for the past few days.

Here are the paintings that I have in the show:
 "Bottle Fly", 16x24", oil on linen on panel
A frog finds he has outgrown the exit to his habitat.  The 
feathers, the window, and the green bottle fly build 
on the theme of captivity and freedom.  Dave and I have 
found ourselves in a similar position recently, feeling the 
need to move but finding it really difficult just the same.
 "The Nest", 24x36", oil on linen on panel
Two House Sparrows are building a nest inside a skull 
in a dilapidated barn.  All around junk is scattered.  
Commentary on trying to make a home under less 
than ideal circumstances.
"The Pair," 24x48", oil on linen
A girl and her dog double back to search for her 
missing glove.  Sometimes two things belong together.
"The Firefly," 18x24", oil on linen
A girl shares her discovery of a firefly 
with her younger sister.

Unfortunately I've just realized I didn't get a proper photo of my Snail Shell painting.  Here's pretty low-quality one:
"Snail Shell," 6x6", oil on linen on panel
The title pretty much says it all.

There are also a few framed charcoal drawings of bird studies--prep work for "The Nest."

4 comments:

  1. Kate! The Bottle Fly painting is insanely amazing. I'm glad you started this blog, it's interesting to see what you are up to these days!

    -jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. these paintings are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Great!http://palmspringssport.com/city/palm-desert/

    ReplyDelete