Friday, April 1, 2016

Introducing the Baby Formerly Known as Cletus the Fetus

Time to fumigate the crickets from this blog and get back to posting.  We've been a tad busy here at Painting Stuff to Look Like Stuff HQ, aka, the end of the sofa next to the side table that has my glass of wine on it.  I've made quite a few drinking jokes on this blog in recent months, but I was just throwing you off the trail.  You see, I haven't had much room for booze lately:


Dave and I welcomed James, aka Cletus the Fetus (working title), on February 25th.


Photo credits to my sister, whose smashed iPhone outperformed my semi-professional camera and its pricey lens during my stay at the hospital.  This little porker was 9lbs.  We weren't allowed to keep him in the hospital nursery in case he ate the preemies. 


And one week later:


We just wanted to dedicate one post to sharing our wonderful news with everyone.  And now back to blogging about painting stuff to look like stuff ASAP.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely! Big congrats. Like the new title so much better, but you could save the working title for a future comic strip. 9 lbs!? Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate and Dave I just sent a comment that says tecnidiomas but I would prefer my actual name if that can be modified: Dianne da Silva. Will you be 3 at the PSOA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. truly wonderful news. Cletus aka James, I can see...already has a sense of humor. Glad everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!! Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. Kate you are such a beautiful mom. David...well...your funny. LOL! Cant wait to meet the little (big) bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such great news! Congratulations you two! You guys sure made something that looks like something! ;-) He is adorable! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratz to the 2 of you!! He's a beauty!! This is Lorna Hester Hawkins from FB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How utterly wonderful for you all, congrats. I hope you manage to juggle everything brilliantly and be equal partners in both sides of your new lives. Its gonna be great fun and I look forward to seeing your new muse immortalised in paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! Definitely will cut into the painting time not to mention forget about sleeping all night without interruption, But trust me. I'd worth more than a little sleep loss and pressure to get a painting finished. I have to grown children of my own both in their mid 40's and it only seems like last week they were little critters. You two will do great and it is so rewarding. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!
    Your life has now irrevocably changed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations
    Now you have someone who is happy to interrupt an intense passage
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to both of you from out out of the internet. One question though, where is his paint brush?
    Wish you both restful nights and enough sleep to function properly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohhhh....a precious baby!!....you do understand we all expect baby paintings, now. Also, my mantra that served me very well for many years that I will now graciously share with you - "When in doubt, time him out". Mwahahahahaha!!!!!

    http://www.schleichtoystore.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Beautiful baby and king.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is huge huge news, and Cletus couldn't be more perfect. Huge congratulations...

    ReplyDelete