Wednesday, July 1, 2015

New Workshop Schedule

I have four workshops cooking.  Want to take a two-day portraiture workshop with me and Dave while staying at the beautiful Alderbrook Resort and Spa in Washington state?  I'm pretty sure you could persuade your non-artist significant other to come along.  You get to paint all day, they get to sip a mimosa with cucumbers on their eyes.  That sounds fair.


Or how about a five-day still life workshop in Tuscaloosa, AL?  This one is being hosted by Thomas Rosenstiel in his beautiful private studio.  My attention will be divided only eight ways, so you will have lots of one-on-one.  I've offered this workshop four times and I just keep doing it because it's so popular.  I'm routinely amazed by the results my students produce.  Added bonus: my worn out jokes are timed perfectly by now.  There are five spots left.


Or, if you happen to be located within driving or ferrying distance of where I live on Vancouver Island, you could always take a six-day version of my still life workshop out of my own studio, with access to all my still life props.  Yes.  That includes creepy dolls and rotten boards covered in chippy paint.  I've been really wanting to do a six-day version because five seems just long enough for everyone to learn some cool stuff, but six would be optimal for actually finishing a painting.  This latter workshop will be limited to six people so that I can intensely manage and instruct you all, my little goslings.  So far there are only two spots left. 


(That tuition fee is in Canadian dollars, folks, and GST is 5%)

2 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to be signed up for the workshop at the Alderbrook resort. It is indeed a beautiful location, and September is a really great time of year to visit the Pacific Northwest. I happen to reside less than an hour away, so I know whereof I speak. Significant others who come along could also spend the day boating or hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The workshop in Union, WA last weekend was really wonderful. I learned so much about making a usable palette for painting flesh tones. I'd been starting to play around with the Mattelson palette (see http://thinkingaboutpainting.blogspot.com/2008/03/reilly-palette.html and https://underpaintings.com/the-mattelson-palette/). However, your technique is much simpler, and would not require an hour of laying out paints or so much paint wastage. So I'm excited about keeping on using the "Stone Palette" (I'll call it). Thank you so much for the great workshop.

    ReplyDelete