Thursday, January 29, 2015

Workshop in San Francisco


I had a great time teaching my still life workshop at the Sadie Valeri Atelier earlier this month.  For those not in the know, SVA is a privately run school in San Francisco that teaches a rigorous drawing and oil painting program.  Here are some photos from the workshop.



Me demoing on a still life painting of a doll passed out with a bottle.  My second drunk doll painting in four months.  That doll, by the way, is really old, but doesn't it look like something some Etsy hipster would make out of recycled organic cotton rags?  It's kind of perfect.






Dave tagged along for the trip to San Francisco.  He painted a little still life and tattooed Sadie's husband Nowell with an awesome octopus.  Below, some of the still life paintings from the workshop:

By Anne

By Rachel

By Christina Davis, teacher at SVA

By Christina
Thank you to all my students for painting with me for a week!  And thank you to Sadie and Nowell for hosting me.  It was a lovely space to teach in.  Check out this massive skylight:


Sa-weeet.  If I lived in San Francisco I would definitely be taking some workshops there myself.  There is a figure workshop in June run by Carl Dobsky and if plane tickets grew on trees, I'd be there.

5 comments:

  1. Speaking of workshops, have painting from last March (wow, almost a year!) I keep wanting to send you - email keeps bouncing back. I used your contact info here can't seem to get it to you. Thanks - George Love from FL - i think you still have my msn email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi George!! My email is kate@katestoneart.com. My gmail account is just the ID I use to run this blog. It doesn't actually accept emails.

      Delete
  2. Oh jeez, there it is... My a-- is on the inter web :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Workshops are always to learn something. You really shared amazing photos of this workshop. Hey have you ever planner oil painting in group activities? I am sure it will be fun to paint in group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Workshops are always to learn something. You really shared amazing photos of this workshop. Hey have you ever planner oil painting in group activities? I am sure it will be fun to paint in group.

    ReplyDelete