Thursday, October 23, 2014

"Contemporary Realism" at Gallery 1261


Dave and I have three paintings in Gallery 1261's new show opening on Friday, October 24th in Denver, Colorado.  Among them are this new painting, "Cod Fish," by Dave:


Give a man a fish, and he can do a passable alla prima.  Teach a man to fish, and he can catch a fresh fish every day and make a proper painting.


I have my own two lovely ladies from the Women Painting Women show last year:


A complete catalogue of work can be seen here.

2 comments:

  1. Kate and Dave,

    I finally got a chance to get up to Denver to see this show.

    Bravo! What an amazing show to be a part of. That show would not have looked out of place at any major museum in the country.

    What a treat to finally be able to see you work in the flesh. I only wish I was well enough of to have been able to put a red dot next to your works.

    Thank you guys so much for being such an inspiration. Keep up the great work.

    - Jeremy C. Sparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeremy! We really wish we could have attended.

      Delete