Monday, January 27, 2014

Whidbey Island Fine Arts Studio Workshops

http://www.fallcityfineart.org/workshops.html

Time to get your paint on and join us for a workshop or two!  Dave and I are each offering a four-day workshop in March on the beautiful Whidbey Island, WA.  Come for one, come for both.  If you come for both, there will be a two day gap in between during which you can drive up and down the island, imagining what it would be like to quit your job and move to this beautiful, artsy island where everyone seems to either paint or make pottery or garden.

I will be offering a still life workshop.  I have a lot to say about technique and craftsmanship, so bring your notepad and a sunny eagerness for learning.  Dave meanwhile will be covering the traditional atelier educational experience of making a copy of a master head study.  I will enjoy flitting through while he is teaching and going, "Tsk, why is he making you do it that way?" and then vanishing before he gives me hell.  So come and take part.  The marital squabbling alone will keep you entertained.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you don't know me but I've been pretty stressed at work and all and then I saw you two were doing workshops at WIFAS and I signed up and you would not believe how excited I am, so thank you very much and I maybe love you a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to WIFAS workshop, too. Just finished George O'Hanlon Best Practices, 3 day science class in Portland. Hopefully I will have recovered by the time we meet! ;o) Thank you for coming on down! Grateful! kj

    ReplyDelete