Monday, May 13, 2013

The Curious Case of the Impossible Deadline

Posted by: Kate

What do you call it when you have a gallery show deadline for three figurative paintings on July 1st?  You call it an "oh shit" moment.  This fall I will be participating in another Women Painting Women show with Principle Gallery, and I will be showing with a whole whack of lovely artists, most of whom I consider good friends, and most of whom will be incredibly pissed if I don't make this deadline.  One friend in particular, Sadie Valeri, is visiting me in a week's time, and will probably suplex me when she looks inside my studio and sees that there are no paintings.  So.  Before she gets here, I've got to finish one painting.  Or at least get it to the 90% mark.  Mentally, it's easier to give myself a deadline for 90% finished.  I will realistically need to go back a week or two later to fuss with some aspect of the painting.

Last night I took the blank surface to this point.



Until Sadie arrives, I will post my daily progress.  I probs won't do an in depth discussion of what I'm doing.  I need to haul ass.

4 comments:

  1. I love watching the process... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Now stop reading these comments and get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob Bob!! You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete