Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Trapper Strikes Again


Welp, now that this piece has won the ARC William Bouguereau Award, I have officially milked it to death.  When I finish a successful piece like this one, I pretty much enter it into every competition expecting it to place in maybe one.  Well, this piece placed in ACOPAL, ARC, the PSoA, and another acronym I can't talk about publicly quite yet.  I'm not trying to brag here, I just find it a bit embarrassing to be honest.

The William Bouguereau Award goes to the piece which displays a strong sense of emotion, theme, and the figure.  The figure; clearly a man.  The theme; manliness.  Emotion; pfft, men don't feel emotions.  The only emotions I feel are usually rage and hunger, which usually go hand in hand. 

In addition, I placed as a finalist in the still life category, and my lovely lady placed as a finalist in still life and the figure.  

All joking aside, the ARC has truly helped my career and I would like to thank everyone there for this great honor (plus money, money rules).  A big congrats to all the other winners and finalists.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dave, Have to say you got a laugh out of me with the "milked to death" image! I also wish there where more figure paintings these days oozing "manliness." I'll look forward to see your next "manly" painting, perhaps with a touch of rage and hunger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations David! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shazam!

    Love the image, and the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowser!! Congrats David! What a tremendous honor. I'm a huge fan of your blog, and your and Kate's work. Keep it up, or sell the "milk" I sure could use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thrilled to see this painting win the Bouguereau Award! And I am glad you used up your deep reserves of manly emotion to paint it, the art world is all the better for it I think. And congrats to your lovely Kate! Glad I got to see "Lucie and the Wind" before it sold at the Principle. Beautiful piece & well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly the manliest!! i congratulate you both in your accomplishments and look forward to more beautiful art !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaking of hunting and trapping, you should see "Happy People: A Year In The Taiga".

    ReplyDelete