1) Hanging out with a multitude of cool artists. Man, as a collective, we rule.
2) Talking to George O' Hanlon and his wife Tatiana from Natural Pigments. The man knows literally everything there is to know about paint. I simply love the product. For those of you who refuse to try his paints, remember this; Hitler was an artist that didn't use them...are you worse than Hitler?
4) Exploring Philadelphia. We got the grand tour by our wonderful host Rachel Constantine. We got to see this little known mural by Maxfield Parish.
As we all know, in addition to all the great teaching, the PSoA is centered largely around the competition of the 20 finalists and 30 honorable mentions at the conference. I find however, that this only allows for a small group of people to be winners. I am going to submit a list of recommended additional competitions for next years PSoA.
1) The evening gown competition, open to both men and woman.
2) The strong man competition where one has to pull a truck with a waist belt. (though Julio Reyes would probably kick my ass...actually, his wife Candace would too....actually, screw this competition, I quit.)
3) Hot dog eating competition. Timed eating event with only the highest of standards.
I feel these events will truly be the test of an artist. In addition, a money grab booth and pyrotechnics should also be introduced some how.
In all seriousness, I would like to give an extra special thanks to everyone who makes the PSoA event possible. We look forward to it all year.