Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Go look at someone else's blog for once

So I thought I would take some time to use my blog to talk about other blogs. Ironic I know. Today, I would like to talk about Will St. John and Colleen Barry's blog "A Classic Point of View." Like Kate and me, they are another artist couple living and working alongside one another. They are both instructors and graduates of the Grand Central Academy of Art in New York city. Will recently was awarded a Shapiro Grant to study in Italy for several months, and Colleen joined him there as well. Italy is one of the greatest places to study art. It is the birthplace of the Renaissance, classical architecture, terrible discotheque music, and goofy looking clothing. Their blog documents their time and projects while in Italy. They are a good reminder of how much I need to keep practicing drawing.


A little about Will. He was actually born in the same hometown as me during the same year. Seems odd I know. However, we have to look at the history of central PA during that time to truly explain this phenomena. You see, it was the same year of the TMI meltdown, and after the nuclear fallout subsided, we began to notice strange powers emerging. Some say this is where our artistic skills derived, leading us to become artists later in life. Of course, others say it came from hard work and talent, but the TMI explanation is way more interesting.

Check their blog out here.

1 comment:

  1. Haha -- I was born in that area, but it was two years before the meltdown. I think I must have been too old to absorb as much power as you guys did :D

    ReplyDelete