Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Video Review for The Study of Color


This one hour video just released by Michael Klein covers his theory of color as used in his own paintings. He does a good job articulating how he incorporates the Munsell system of color into his work and palette setup, and explains what the Munsell system really is. This is all demonstrated through a still life painting and close up shots of his palette, which he narrates over. He also puts time aside to do some interesting color mixing demos. Though I would recommend this video for most, it may not be so useful for the absolute beginner. Only problem I had with the video, and almost every art video for that matter, is the lack of good music. By their very nature, these videos are a slow watch, so why not throw some Pantera in there to liven things up. Try not being totally pumped to paint while listening to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy4Db3eCxeg

For purchase information on the video visit http://www.michaelkleinpaintings.com/

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right. I listen to stuff like Pantera while I paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painter Michael Kien . I found this product to be like most art instructional videos of its genre : painfully articulated and vaguely informative .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, as I'm old school, I'd put on Hawkwind's "Space Ritual".

    ReplyDelete