Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Comparison of First and Second Painting

Posted by: Kate
 

I took this shot yesterday part way through my painting session.  I've second painted the large book and belt buckle to the top left (already sunken in), and the three little books clustered to the side of the large book are freshly second painted.  The green and red book are still only first painted.  Because of the coarseness of my canvas, I have a lot of difficulty painting with pure paint and bristles and consequently skimp on the detail in first painting.  If I had a smoother canvas there would be more detail in first painting.

I took another shot at the end of the session.  All the books have been second painted.  There is some text and filigree to add in later.  I won't paint the table top until all of the objects sitting on it are complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment